Monday, June 7, 2010

Microsoft, how big do you think our living rooms are?

First, watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm0KKa6wACQ&feature=player_embedded

So, besides looking like a complete tool while playing Natal (or Wave as I think it has been officially named) I need a giant, empty room in my house that can fit 4 people comfortably while I flail around?

You know, my living room right now is actually pretty big. If I re-arranged the room (I mean like, shit has to move everywhere for this to work) I could probably actually manage to play the natal. However, most people I assume actually have furniture in their living rooms. This is really the crux of the problem.

Microsoft, I do not want to move tables and couches all over the place just so I have enough room to play a video game. This is ludicrous! I now suddenly see why the Wii and Sony's move is a much better layout. Yes, it may not be ultra cool revolutionary, but I'd assume most people can still maintain their current housing layout to play them. Mine is couch -> coffee table -> TV on TV stand. This brings me to another fear I have with the Natal.

My TV is not setup to be at eye level for people who are standing up. Being an LCD TV, and honestly being really, really damn cheap it has pretty good horizontal viewing angles for what I payed. The vertical angles aren't very good though. Hence why the TV is oh so PERFECTLY setup at a sitting eye viewing level. It could not be more perfect. So when standing up I'm going to have to deal with colour washing as I'm now towering over my TV. None of this seems appealing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment